Our Privacy Promise
We are committed to protecting the privacy of our visitors. We take your privacy seriously and treat all the information you give us with great care.
As a data controller we are committed to complying with the Data Protection Act 1998, the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, GDPR draft guidelines and other relevant legislation.
- To be clear about why we need to collect your personal information and what we are going to use it for
- To make it easy for you to tell us how you would like us to keep in touch
- To only collect the information, we need to make sure we deliver the best service
- To never sell or share your personal information, or let other organisations use it for marketing
- To take good care of your personal information, and make sure it is up to date, safe and secure at all times
- To make sure that any suppliers or partners who carry out work on our behalf meet the same high standards that we adhere to when handling your personal information
We collect personal information from our visitors. We do this both electronically and in paper format.
In choosing to share your personal information with us, you will be agreeing to our collection and use of your information as described in this policy.
If you no longer want us to process your personal details, you can ask us to stop at any time by contacting email@example.com.
We use the information you share with us to:
- Make sure you receive the product, service or information you have requested or bought
- Carry out reasonable administration of your bookings
- To keep in touch with you in the way that you want us to
- To better understand our customers so that we can personalise and improve the services we offer
For details of how we do this please see the full policy below.
We will need to make changes to this policy from time to time, to make sure that we are always providing you the latest information about what is happening to your personal information.
This policy was last updated on 05.06.22.
What Information Do We Collect And How?
We collect personal information about you that helps us to deliver and improve our services. This includes:
- Name and address
- Business name, address and contact details
- Email address and telephone numbers
- How you would like to hear from us
- Details of bookings
- Enquiries and feedback
- Interaction with our social media pages
- Details of accidents which happen at the maze
We use Takepayments and Stripe Express as payment gateways to process financial transactions. We do not hold any visitor credit or debit card details, or any bank account details.
If you have provided details for someone else, for example by buying a gift for them, we will not contact that person until they have been given the opportunity to let us know their communication preferences.
If you have contacted us on behalf of an organisation, for example making an educational booking, we will also store details of your employer.
When visiting our website we also collect information about your IP address and the pages you visit. This helps us to understand which areas of our website are most useful to our supporters and make improvements. This does not tell us who you are and where you live until you choose to provide us with that information. Please see our Cookies policy for more information.
What Do We Do With Your Information?
We will make sure that you receive the product or service you have requested, process any payments and send you information relating to that service.
Please let us know if your details have changed.
Marketing and Communications
Receiving marketing information from Lichfield Maize Maze will always be your choice, and you can choose how you would like to receive that information from us.
You can also change your mind at any time, and we will keep your preferences up to date.
We will only contact you by email if you have told us you would like to hear from us this way, or to let you know about services you have previously bought. Every email will have a link to help you unsubscribe if you wish to stop this.
Who Will Have Access To My Information?
We will never sell your personal information, or let other organisations use it for their own purposes.
We will only share your personal information where:
- We are legally required to, or as a result of a lawful request by a governmental or law enforcement authority.
- We have engaged a supplier or contractor to carry out services on our behalf, such as order fulfilment, sending our communications or carrying out research and analysis.
How Do We Keep Your Information Safe?
The security of your information is paramount to us. Our networks are regularly monitored to ensure they remain secure.
We also regularly review our measures to ensure they are up to date and in line with latest developments, particularly when we are handling payment information.
Data that is transmitted via the internet or in email, cannot be 100% secure. As a global environment, transmitting data to us may take place outside the European Economic Area.
We will take every reasonable precaution to keep your information safe, but it cannot be guaranteed and so please be aware that any information you do transmit to us is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use our best effort to ensure its safety within our network, which sits within the European Economic Area.
We will only hold your personal information for as long as reasonably necessary to carry out services and administer your relationship with us.
If we dispose of your information; it will always be done securely.
How to Get In Touch and Understanding Your Rights
You have the right to a copy of the information we hold about you. This is called a subject access request.
If you would have any general enquiries relating to the use of personal information at Lichfield Maize Maze or you would like to make a subject access request you can do so by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to; The Data Information Officer, Lichfield Maize Maze, Richard Ryman Farming, Pipe Place Far, Walsall Road, Lichfield, Staffordshire WS14 0DB.
You also have the right to have incorrect information corrected and the right to object to further processing of your personal information for direct marketing.